Attention all Japanese innovative geniuses:

|
Japan is renowned around the world for its cutting-edge technology, fancy gizmos & gadgets, and super-sleek cars. They come up with the most brilliant inventions and have a knack for making anything that's battery operated more functional and more portable. What rattles my brain, though, is that Japan can build a humanoid robot that can perform simple house tasks, but they can't build properly insulated houses with a proper heating/cooling system. Sure, I can rock my super sugoi keitai. I can also ride on the ultra fast 300/km bullet train, and I can take pictures with my micro-sized digital camera. But once I get home I have to huddle in front of my hazardous kerosene heater or else I'll freeze my ass off. WTF.

The coldness and dampness in my house makes every minute daily task more daunting, such as brushing my teeth, washing the dishes, and rolling out of bed. It's so cold in my house that my toiletries in my bathroom are half-frozen, and when inside my kitchen, condensation clouds form when you breath. I also can't imagine being accustomed to the feeling of numbness as a good thing for my health.

I'm fed up with sleeping with 10 layers of clothes. I'm fed up with hauling the damn 456708965 lb. jug of kerosene up the stairs. I'm fed up with pumping the bloody gas into the heater and then splattering it all over my clothes. I'm fed up with having to make a mad, partially naked dash from the shower to my heated room. In a nutshell, I'm fed up with winter in Japan.

But if I can't ask for the warmth of spring in the middle of February, can I at least ask for a radiator? Centralized heating? Please? Somebody?

0 comments: