Random

|
1) I need to stop cussing like a sailor.
2) SHOPPING IN JAPAN IS HOPELESS. Back in America, women barrage me with "Oh, you're so petite!" comments. I'm a comfortable size 4 at home. Here, I can barely squeeze my ass into a pair of jeans without hearing the seams rip.
3) I hate my "massive" breasts. I've never felt so self-conscious about them until I came to Japan. Not only do I see random Japanese men gawking at them, but they contribute to my horrible shopping experiences. Tops, t-shirt's, dresses never fit. Never.
4) I have a bad habit of not locking bathroom doors.
5) I enjoy walking around my house in my underwear.
6) A guy I currently have a crush on keeps telling me that he hopes that I will stay in Japan for another year. I'm not sure how to interpret that.
7) I need to come up with a game plan for my life post-Japan. Or at least after my contract ends in August.
8) I was supposed to travel to China with a friend from the U.S. in August, but I don't know if that's going to happen at all. So if anybody is keen on going to China during o-bon, let me know.
9) My roommate annoys me more and more each day. I hate living with a roommate.
10) I want to go dancing.
11) I need to buy a fucking digital camera to replace the one I lost in the Philippines. I've missed out on so many perfect photo ops (like at Hiroshima's Yukata festival yesterday) because I don't have a camera. Gar.
12) My cousin just got engaged the other week. Being single has its perks, but damn, sometimes I just want a man all for myself.
13) I flirted with a marine I met at a bar last week and the effort paid off last Wednesday: I got access to the base, but the most significant part was lunch at TACO BELL! HELL YEAH. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
14) Why is that most Japanese men can guess that I'm Filipino but the Filipino women/men in Japan (even in the Philippines) can't figure out my ethnicity? Hmmmmm?
15) I wonder if they have an annonymous support group for people addicted to carbohydrates.
16) I love random text messages. Send me some luvin' > karen.diaz@ezweb.ne.jp

4 comments:

Selena said...

hi, about the night out in hiroshima next sat...
I have culture day at school, so going to get there around 10pm. i think we're going to mac bar first, then a club that some of the other Jets have been to before. the other shimonoseki girls are all going earlier to do a bit of shopping, then meet for dinner somewhere in the evening.... u could meet them too? hope to see you there!!
Selena

bec said...

yes, meet us too!!!

and hey, that guy obviously wants you to stay, so would it hurt to stick around another year? no rush to leave ay??? just get into internet shopping will solve your problems!!!

Karen said...

Ohhh I'd love to join you finefine ladies at Hiroshima. I've only been to the city for seminars or shopping day trips, so I'm not familiar with the night life there. Maybe I can get there in time for dinner! Are you guys going to stay up all night and head back in the morning?

Becky - the problem with what the guy said is that he's italian and his level of english isn't all that grrrreat. He's probably just being nice. I'm determined to find out what he really means.

Selena said...

we were thinking of booking into a love hotel somewhere- might be last chance to check it out! becky and me are going to miyajima on sunday. u (and anyone else) r welcome to join us!