Morning wake up call.

|
WHOA.

I woke up at 5 this morning with the windows rattling and my 2nd floor apartment violently shaking back and forth.

I think I was in a half-sleep state when it happened because I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not. I just sat upright in bed, frozen. Hell, I'm from TEXAS. I know the 3-step emergency procedure to protect myself from a massive tornado, a mega hurricane, or a devastating flood. But what the hell am I supposed to do during an earthquake? Stop, drop, and roll? Shake, rattle, and roll? Stand in between a door frame? Run? My friend, Mary, on the other side of Tokuyama said she took cover underneath her kitchen table. At 5am in the morning, my reflexes aren't quite at its peak. I just sat there, like a fool who, instead of dashing to safety, stares straight at on-coming highway traffic right before getting plowed.

I need to go back to sleep.

0 comments: